IELTS is one of the hardest exams, but still possible to pass. Once you pass it, the doors of big opportunities will always open for you. Although we have many English learning centers around the city offering IELTS course, if you want to get the IELTS training without paying any fees, using IELTS test preparation apps would be the best choice for you.
In this article, we have gathered for you the top 3 mobile apps that help you prepare for the IELTS test. We find these IELTS test preparation apps reputable, user-friendly, helpful and of course, don’t cost you a thing. Let’s have a quick look.
1. IELTS Prep
This app is developed by the British Council with all IELTS modules including: Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking. Each module contains 3 standardized practice tests provided by the British Council, which helps prepare you with confidence for the upcoming IELTS Academic or General test.
IELTS Prep also assists you in your self-study process with a daily reminder. Besides, you can easily book a test date for yourself with a few clicks on the app.
– Developed by the British Council with standardized practice tests
– Clean design, easy to navigate through the app
– User can book an IELTS test for themselves through the app
– Content takes quite some time to load
– In the listening section, you can’t write the answer directly into the app
– The app only provides 3 practice tests in each section
IELTS Prep has been given 4.6 stars out of 5 by 10,229 users until now.
“This app helps me know what to expect and to evaluate myself so that I can improve on certain aspects before my test. It is very user-friendly and covers just about everything that is necessary for the IELTS. It also provides an easy way to prepare for these tests” – Klarika Keyter
2. BBC Learning English
The app created by BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) can help you learn and improve English day by day with fun and topical lessons, transcripts, and quizzes. It’s split into programs based on business English, everyday English, grammar, learn with the news (topical subjects), pronunciation and vocabulary. Each lesson is bite-sized from around 2 to 6 minutes. This series contains a daily podcast with a transcript for you to listen to on the way to work or school. The scripts are great and often light-hearted. That way you can get familiar and comfortable with English while improving your listening skill. The lessons are rated by difficulty. The program will keep playing in the background even if the screen is turned off. So you can be on the bus, traveling by train, flying, walking, running or even swimming and still have the perfect lesson in your ear.
– A diverse source of news, grammar, and listening practice
– Easy to navigate through the app, clean design
– Provide standardized self-study materials
– New lessons are updated daily
– Users can share their favorite programs with their friends and social network
– Lessons can not be downloaded
– Sometimes errors can occur and make it impossible to study with the app
BBC Learning English has been given 4.5 stars out of 5 by 3,869 users as of now.
“I am writing this review to express my warm feeling about this app, it is really outstanding where it contains all the needed stuff for English proficiency from videos, to vocab tips, English accents in addition to authentic English contexts…” – Elias P. Aoun
3. Complete IELTS
This is another great app with every module in it such as writing, speaking or listening.
In the writing section, you will find different topics such as equality, hobbies and many more and while reading these topics if you find any word difficult to understand, then you just need to click on them, and the meaning will be shown to you.
In the listening section, you can choose the type of difficulty level and this app also displays transcript so that you can learn better.
– Provide many Speaking samples with solutions
– IELTS Listening can run on two modes: online and offline
– Support downloading audio and listen at offline mode
– IELTS Listening has irregular verbs table. It will support listeners while doing exercise or simply check irregular verb.
– Complete IELTS contains ads
– Some advanced lessons are not free
– Only available on Android phones
Complete IELTS has been given 4.6 stars out of 5 by 6,651 users as of now.
“I was looking for an app which is free. This app has some of the best content for free and has helped me improve my IELTS score. I am very happy that I was able to find this app amongst all the other apps that are out there. The developer has taken effort to make this app as beneficial as possible for IELTS candidates.” – Safdarali Khan
Link download for Android